Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Taking It Easy

If you read my post entitled "The Nasty Shock"; you would understand why on this particular day, we decided to not do much of anything.  We were both very tired from all of the "excitement" of the recent break-in.  We wanted to make sure that we could see my brother at least one more time before leaving for Canada and didn't want to be exhausted when we connected again.  So, we decided to just take it easy.
 We had slept in and thus missed "breakfast" such as it was.  It was cold outside but we had to go out to fill the growing hunger that was starting to settle in on us.....


We remembered seeing an IHOP just down the road and decided to take our chances with them for breakfast.  Neither of us made coffee, so we were at the mercy of IHOP's coffee....geeze....
 

After breakfast, we decided to go for a short drive around the lagoon and see what was what.  We needed some quiet and to just be still for a bit.  The sky was overcast, but the view was very beautiful...


I tried to capture what I was seeing, but the sun was fighting me and didn't let me get what I wanted to.



I did seem a bit remote, but there were others out there as well enjoying the scenary and living their lives too...


I know I spent some of the time thinking about the trip over the last 5 months, and all of the things that had happened in that time period...
  

and how that in just a few more days we would be back in Canada starting yet another chapter of our lives and leaving all of this behind...


and then I thought about all of the laundry we had to do!  haha.  I came out of my dream, too one last shot and we headed back to the hotel to get our chores done so that I could see my brother one more time before we left.


It was a great night with family talking and laughing; glad to be able to connect again after so many years....:-)


We headed back across the bridge grateful that something good had happened to us that day in the midst of all of the disappointment.
  

Now, we were ready to sleep.  Seemed like taking it easy made us tired!

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Trobairitz said...

I am glad you were able to have a peaceful relaxing day.

You two deserved a day of rest.

Unknown said...

Pat/Chris:

I can imagine the break-in trauma, the stress of your loss back in OK, plus you've had full days driving back and forth across the country.

you deserve a rest. Was that the San Mateo Bridge ? You are heading EAST ?

have a safe trip


bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Pastor Chris said...

Sharp eye Bob. This is in fact the San Mateo and the picture was taken heading to the East Bay. Wee will be crossing it again in the same direction in about 25 min. to head North. Cheers.

Nice report baby. Good pics and good writing.