Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rain, Rain....go away....:-(


It is another mornng of rain and no signs of being able to ride today. I have been waiting to ride Ms Vickey since we got here to Oklahoma and have not been able to. Which makes the whole "pulling her on the trailer" thing a waste of time. I hope that the weather breaks soon so that we can at least go out for a bit.  The sky isn't as dark as it has been, but still full of water....




The trailer is covered, but has been dumped twice as it turns into a small swimming pool on the side of our house.


 I really wanted to try to repair the "sore" on Ms Vickey's front panel that she got from the tie downs that we used.  We are on the hunt for the soft touch type for the trip back.  In the mean time, I'm searching high and low for the color code for her panel.  So far I have not been successful.  I even called back to the dealer in Canada and they were not able to provide me with the color code for the grey; only the red......Looks like I might have to do a fingernail polish match!


Well, I guess for now, she'll have to sit it out........:-(.


5 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Sure hope the rain stops and you have some sunny skies for scootering.

I wonder if automotive generic colored scratch reducer would help at all on the tie down scuffs. They used to advertise those types of products but I don't know if they still make them.

SonjaM said...

Still amazingly lovely weather up here. Hang in there, and enjoy the trip.

Tripping Sister! said...

The rain went away! I had to update my blog....hahaha

Tripping Sister! said...

I know what you are talking about. I remember seeing that advertized before too. I will check again at an automotive place and see. But when I called the Kymco dealer in Vancouver he said the colors were patented with Kymco and could only be gotten from them. But one has to think, how many colors of grey can there possbily be??

Anonymous said...

I think when I got the color wheel from Ben Moore to repaint our house, there were like 1200 plus colors? An unreal number, and you would be amazed at all the different greys. BUT, if you go to where they have automotive colors, they are bound to have something similar. The fellow who repainted my Vespa had a binder with pages of color chips to flip through. Or ride right to a Benjamin Moore or Sherwin WIlliams store, and ask to take a color wheel out to the parking lot and match the grey. A craft or hobby store that sells model paint might also be a possibility. Model paint will actually hold up to weather; I repainted some letters on a license plate holder on my truck years and years ago, and it has not noticeably faded yet.
Deb