Thursday, May 2, 2013

The View From My Window..

Spring has sprung (sorta) here in BC.  The first flowers that usually appear are crocus which are now long gone. When you live in a strata environment, there are a lot of "can't do" in the rules.  One is gardening that requires you to dig into the ground to plant anything.  However, a couple of years ago, we obtained permission (after the fact since I didn't know) to continue to make the property beautiful.  Below is the view from my front window.

We usually have more flowers than what you will see in these pictures.  But since we are leaving soon and will be gone for some time, we didn't plant any annuals this year.  The perennials should have died back before we leave.  I like waking up in the morning and and seeing this when I raise the blinds:



The Tulips that we planted seem to close at night and reopen in the mid afternoon.  This was taken in the morning.


I had never seen "Grape Hyacinth" before seeing them in another part of Canada.  We brought some back with us and planted them not know what would happen since it was from a different region.  It has done well....:-)


I call this one the Rose Tulip...:-)  It almost looks like a Peony.


This is also a Hyacinth. and as you can see, we have also put in lights that make the garden look beautiful at night...:-).


I call this one Snow White.  I made up these names because I have totally forgotten the real ones! ha


Purple Rain.....:-)


We also are helping our feathered friends by providing some nourishment for them. I think this one is in the Finch family....:-) We looked at a few pictures of birds in this area and concluded that it is a female House Finch.


 And then there is "Sadie" the humming bird who comes every year...:-).  This time she brought a friend with her, but they scurried away before I could snag a picture........



And so my fellow bloggers, it's another beautiful evening...almost the close of a not so perfect day.  But the sight of the flowers, birds and trees reminds me that there is beauty in the midst of a very chaotic world.

  
Take time to smell the flowers.  There are plenty of things that will stink on this journey through life! ha

Sweet dreams...:-)

10 comments:

Diane Higdon said...

The pics of the Spring flowers are beautiful. As I type this it is 39 degrees in Oklahoma City :(. Not sure if we are ever going to be able to enjoy Spring this year. Crazy weather that is for sure. Enjoy all the beautiful flowers as they won't last long. One of my most favorite times of the year, minus the tornados...

Pastor Chris said...

I love the flowers and your sense of humor in naming them. The beauty will fade but yet return, as will we but first we gotta burn.... Ready to hit the road baby?

Tripping Sister! said...

Diane,
Believe it or not, it has only been in the 50's here! I was looking forward to coming back that way to our home in Lawton in a couple of weeks until I heard about the cold snaps that you guys have been having....:-(. Wow, I hope it warms up before we get there at the end of the month! I had plans to start a garden.....ha

Tripping Sister! said...

yep, Chris.....

Ready to blow this joint for a nice long while....ha

Unknown said...

Pat:

tell me it isn't so ? Gone for the whole summer ?

Squamish is going to be lonely without you two. Me too

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Tripping Sister! said...

Hey Bob,

That's the plan if summer ever gets here..:-). It had been colder there than here for a couple of days and it keeps flip flopping back and forth in regard to the weather. I'm in need of a change of pace for a while. Funny since I just got back here.

Martha said...

Beautiful trees right out your window. Like a bouquet every day!

Tripping Sister! said...

Hi Martha,

I just love it!

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

Wow, new life and an almost overabundance of color....it's no wonder we all need what Spring brings us.

Tripping Sister! said...

Flowers and Spring always seem to bring some measure of healing in all of the craziness!